Dr. Vineetha is our Medical Oncologist at the Health City Cayman Islands. She believes in comprehensive cancer care and has extensive experience treating a variety of cancers. She hopes to render her services to the community in the prevention, screening, early detection, diagnosis and multidisciplinary management of hematological and non- hematological malignancies.
Dr Vineetha comes to Health City Cayman Islands with 10 years of experience in Internal Medicine and specialty training in Medical Oncology. Dr Vineetha has extensive training and experience in Medical Oncology, Hematology and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation. Within her specialty of Oncology, she has treated a variety of cancer types in a multidisciplinary setting with a team of radiation oncologists and surgical oncologists. She has been a part of the transplantation team at Bangalore that has performed autologous and allogeneic transplants including Cord, MUD and Haplo-identical stem cell transplants.
At the Health City hospital, Dr Vineetha will provide consultations for the diagnosis and management of various malignancies and will supervise the administration of chemotherapy in the day care unit. She also looks forward to participating in activities for imparting health education to the general public of the Cayman Islands regarding prevention and early detection of cancers.
- Certified by the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO) for excellence in Medical Oncology (2012)
- Recipient of the prestigious ‘Young ICON’ award at the 26th conference of the Indian Cooperative Oncology Network (ICON) meet at Bangalore in March 2012
- Certified by the Indian Association of Palliative Care Physicians (IAP) in Palliative Medicine
- Recipient of gold medals in Cardiology & Neurology during post graduate training in Internal Medicine
- DM (Medical Oncology) Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology(KMIO), Bangalore, India 2012
- Advanced Trainee Registrar in Hematology at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia 2007
- MD (Doctor of Medicine) in Internal Medicine Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research(JIPMER), India 2005
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery) Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), India 2001
- Women’s oncology – cancers of the female reproductive system
- Hematopoietic Stem cell transplantation
- Public health education within her community