As a consultant in general and internal medicine at Health City, Dr. Sandeep Mahendra works in a multi-disciplinary fashion, with special emphasis on critical care medicine, nephrology, and infectious disease. Dr. Sandeep follows an evidence-based approach to medicine and provides comprehensive lifestyle management plans to patients with common medical conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, obesity, and lipid disorders.
Dr. Sandeep has worked as a physician intensivist in various medical institutions in India including Narayana Health. After securing his post-graduate degree in Internal Medicine, he completed a Fellowship in Intensive Care Medicine (FICM) and cardiology training during his residency in Sri Jaydeva Institute of Cardiology, Bangalore, India. He has also worked in the department of nephrology & dialysis at Narayana Health, Bangalore.
Dr. Sandeep is a life member of the IMA (Indian Medical Association), New Delhi and is passionate about teaching undergraduate & postgraduate students. He has authored an original article in the International Journal of Biological & Medical Research on microalbuminuria & essential hypertension. He is also an ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) and BLS (Basic Life Support) Provider, certified from American Heart Association (AHA).
Dr. Sandeep specializes in critical care and resuscitation and has special interests in the areas of pulmonology, neurology, nephrology, dialysis, infectious diseases & HIV medicine. He is well versed with interventions like internal jugular vein catheterization, subclavian vein catheterization, femoral vein catheterization, radial and femoral artery catheterization, lumbar puncture, intercostal drain insertion, temporary transvenous pacing, endotracheal intubation, bone marrow aspiration & biopsy, invasive & non-invasive management of ventilators.
• Life member of the IMA (Indian Medical Association), New Delhi, India
• Authored an original article in the International Journal of Biological & Medical Research on microalbuminuria and essential hypertension
• Attended various workshops and Cme’s at national & international level
- FICM (Fellowship in Intensive Care Medic
- MD (General Medicine)
- Internship in all clinical departments
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery)
- Diabetes management & education
- Interventional procedures