Interventional Cardiologist & Electrophysiologist
Dr. Ravi Kishore Amancharla is our Chief Interventional Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist at Health City Cayman Islands. Dr. Ravi is also responsible for the multitude of heart-related clinics, such as the Heart Failure and Atrial Fibrillation Clinics available at Health City.
Dr. Ravi comes to Health City Cayman Islands with over 20 years of experience in cardiology and serves as the Chief Interventional Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist. He completed his studies in 1995 and has worked in various hospitals across southern India. He established the first dedicated electrophysiology unit in Hyderabad-Medicity Hospital in 1995 and was among the first in the country to introduce RF Ablation for heart arrhythmias and ICD therapy. Since 1997, he has teamed up with Dr. Devi Shetty and has been instrumental in establishing state-of-the-art electrophysiology services across the Narayana group of hospitals. His wealth of knowledge comes from his rich experience in simple and complex ablations and device implants. He also managed NH’s specialty clinics for Heart Failure, Device and Arrhythmia, and Resistant Hypertension.
In addition to Dr. Ravi’s strong academic background, he has authored several articles and abstracts published and presented on national and international levels. Dr. Ravi brings this level of expertise to Health City Cayman Islands to assist with leading the cardiology department, developing heart-related clinics and being the lead on the Cayman Atrial Fibrillation in Elderly (CAFE) study in the Cayman Islands whilst looking at the prevalence of Atrial Fibrillation within the region.
- Developed, set up and managed the Interventional Cardiology and Cardiac Electrophysiology program at Health City Cayman Islands. Since the opening of Health City Cayman Islands, which has the only hybrid Cath Lab in the Caribbean region, Dr. Ravi has to date performed close to 1000 interventional procedures including angioplasties; RF Ablations; Device implants; TAVR; Lead extraction; and Renal denervation procedures.
- Implanted the first CCM device for heart failure in the Caribbean, Central and South America
- First in the English-speaking Caribbean to perform the TAVI (TAVR) procedure
- Among the first to introduce percutaneous lead extraction in the Caribbean
- Performed the first Cryo Ablation procedure for Atrial Fibrillation in the English-speaking Caribbean
- First in the Caribbean to perform Renal Denervation using an innovative technique developed by himself
- Instituted a state-of the Art Device Clinic at Health City Cayman Islands – the first of its kind in the Caribbean. In the process of establishing a comprehensive Heart Failure and Resistant Hypertension Clinics
- Spearheaded the CAFE (Cayman Atrial Fibrillation in the Elderly) Study for the Cayman Islands. Phase II is planned to be held across the Caribbean
- Commonwealth Scholarship or Fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology at St George’s Hospital Medical School, London, in 1995
- Doctor of Medicine (DM) in Cardiology at GB Pant Hospital, New Delhi, India, in 1991
- MD in Internal Medicine at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), India, in 1987
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery) at Bangalore Medical College, India, in 1983
- TAVR Medtronic certificate course- Phoenix, Arizona- 2015
- LVAD-Thoratec certification course- 2014
- Cryoablation of AF- Observer in Broward Medical center, Fort Lauderdale- August 2016
- OCT in PCI- Observer ship in Miami – 2014
- Cardiac MRI Workshop- Methodist research institute, Houston. March 2-6, 2015
- Lead extraction using Cook Device- certification course- Raleigh- Nov 9-10, 2016
- Arctic Front Master’s Program (Cryoablation of AF- certificate course)- Doylestown , PA. Sept 25, 2017
- Clinical arrhythmia research
- Resistant Hypertension
- Cardiac MRI
- CAD prevention.
- CAFE in the Cayman Islands and Caribbean
- Ablation of SVT and VT
- Evaluation of Syncope
- Epidemiology of AF in India
- 7,000 EPS & RF Ablation
- 10,000+ Interventional Procedures including Coronary PTCA and EPS (RF ablation/device implants)