Eligible candidates will be:
- Caymanian or Permanent Residents
- High school applicants: must be at least 16 years old and in Year 11, with a demonstrated interest in medicine. (High school students are known as "Junior Fellows")
- It is generally recommended that high school applicants have predicted science passes of Level 3 or higher but all students will be considered on their own merits.
- College/university applicants: must be candidates in a degree program related to medical studies (e.g., BSc, BSN, MBBS)
- It is generally recommended that college students presently have a minimum GPA of 2.50/2nd Class Honours but all students will be considered on their own merits.
SURF Fellows (i.e. college/university students) are eligible for a stipend of CI$1,000. Junior Fellows (high school students) are eligible for a gift certificate to support their technological educational needs.
The application period for SURF 2022 has now closed.