Sleep Technologist Training Program
Health City Cayman Islands is looking for a Caymanian to join our training programme to become a qualified Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (Sleep Technologist).
A Polysomnographic Technologist is in charge of performing tests on patients who have problems with sleeping. They work under the direction of sleep doctors and clinical directors.
Polysomnographic Technologists work at sleep labs/clinics, their job includes:
- Taking care of the specialized sleep monitoring equipment and keeping it calibrated.
- Explaining procedures to patients before and after the study and answering questions.
- Connecting sensors on patients before the study and removing them afterward.
- Recording and monitor the information from the machines while the patient is sleeping.
- Taking observation notes about the patient as they sleep.
- Analyzing and scoring the sleep study and sending it to a sleep doctor who will interpret the data and suggest a treatment.
- Help patients understand how to implement the recommended treatment.
Joining our Sleep Technologist Training Program can be the start of an interesting and important career working closely with doctors and patients to diagnose and treat sleep disorders and help patients have a better life.
The Health City Sleep Technology Training Program has been designated by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists as a STAR (Sleep Technology Approved Resource) Program.
The Program is for one (1) year, and includes:
- Guided Study period:800 hrs
- Self-Study period: 600 hrs
- Practical period: 1,200 hrs
Once accepted, students will typically receive classroom lectures, lab training, and hands on clinical experience.
Students will be prepared to take the national certification exam through the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists.
The Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) is an independent, nonprofit certification board that cultivates the highest professional and ethical standards for sleep health professionals by providing the leading internationally recognized credential in sleep technology – the Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT) credential.
The RPSGT credential is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) confirming it complies with NCCA’s stringent standards for a professional certification program. Accreditation validates the integrity of the RPSGT program and is a mark of quality.
RPSGT Technologists are eligible to register under CPAM licensure.
RPSGT certification is globally valid.
- Must be Caymanian
- A Level 2 High School Diploma
- Students must be a minimum of 18 years old
- Students must hold a current Basic Life Support certification
- Students must have proof of a negative Tuberculosis skin test or negative chest x-ray administered within three months prior to the first class
- Students must have proof of a current Mumps, Measles, & Rubella (MMR) and Varicella immunization
- Students must have proof of a Hepatitis B vaccination & COVID vaccination 1st and 2nd dose
- Students must bring a physical exam, showing that the student is fit enough to work
Tuition Fees & Stipend
The Tuition Fees and Examination Fee for students (Caymanian) registered for the Polysomnographic Technology Program will be covered by Health City Cayman Islands.
A student registered for the Polysomnographic Technology Program will receive a monthly stipend of CI$2,000.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to [email protected].