Dr Shyla is the pediatric allergist at Health City Cayman Islands. She has over 30 years of experience working with children.
Dr Shyla is an experienced pediatrician who has specialised in pediatric allergy. Her professional areas of interest include all branches of allergy including food allergy, allergic asthma, hayfever and eczema.
Dr Shyla received her MBBS( Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) degree in 1985. Following this she started her pediatric training in Christian Medical College Hospital , Vellore, India and competed this at the Northern Region Pediatric Registrar training in the North East of England.
She returned to Indian to work as a pediatrician in CSI Holdsworth Memorial Hospital in Mysore where she was one of four pediatricians managing a 50 bed pediatric inpatient unit and a 12 bed neonatal intensive care unit.
On returning to work in the U.K. in 2002, she continued to gain experience in pediatrics, working in a busy unit managing a variety of simple and complex pediatrics, and neonatology. In 2008, she undertook training in allergy at the prestigious Imperial College in London graduating with a merit. During this period she set up a multi-disciplinary pediatric allergy service at The University Hospital of North Cumbria, Carlisle managing a variety of allergic conditions including immunotherapy treatment.
In 2017,she started work at HCCI setting up a pediatric allergy service and outpatient services for children.
- Dr Shyla has more than 30 years of experience as a pediatrician with nine years as an allergist.
- She is a founding member of the North East Paediatric Allergy group in the U.K., having been the Secretary from 2010-2017.
- She is a member of various International Allergy organisations which help keep her up to date with the latest treatments.
- She has current APLS (Advanced Paediatric Life Support) and NLS (Neonatal Life Support) training certificates.
- Medical School: Christian Medical College, Vellore ,India (1985)
- Internship: Christian Medical College, Vellore, India(1986)
- Pediatric Residency: CMC Hospital Vellore, India and the Northern Region Registrar training Programme, North East of England, UK: 1990-1994.
- DCH (Diploma in Child Health) - Royal College of Physicians, Glasgow. 1994.
- MRCPCH (Membership of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health ) - 2005.
- Specialist Training: Advanced Certificate and Masters in Allergy : Imperial College, London - 2009-2012.
Diagnosis and management of:
- Food allergies
- Hay fever
- Allergic asthma