Dr. Savitr Sastri is a Consultant Neurosurgeon at Health City Cayman Islands. He joined us in May 2019 with more than 10 years of experience. Dr. Sastri finished his MBBS from one of the top institutes in the India - JIPMER, Pondicherry. He then went on to complete a Masters in General Surgery at Bangalore Medical College and worked at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi before pursuing his neurosurgical training at NIMHANS, Bangalore. He then worked as an Assistant and subsequently Associate Professor of Neurosurgery at Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore before joining Yashoda Hospital in Hyderabad, India.
He has a vast experience in dealing with varied neurosurgical conditions including brain tumors, image-guided neurosurgery, surgery of the craniovertebral junction and minimally invasive brain and spine surgery. He has expertise in treating head injuries and other neurosurgical emergencies and in the intensive care that these patients require. He has spent time training at the Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH and Riverside Hospitals, Columbus, OH, in advanced spine surgery and minimally invasive spine surgery.
He believes in safe, effective surgery and the use of latest technology to ensure the best possible patient outcome.
- Member of the Editorial Board for Indian Journal of Neurosurgery, Journal of Neurovascular Science
- Reviewer for Journal of Health Nutrition and Aging, Indian Journal of Neurosurgery, Journal of Neurosurgery in Rural Practice
- Award in Neurological Society of India Conference 2010, Association of Spine Surgeons of India 2013
- Mentored over 10 residents and supervised their training
- MCh Neurosurgery, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bengaluru ,India 2007-2010
- Senior Resident Neurosurgery, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India 2007
- MS General Surgery, Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, India 2003-2006
- MBBS, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry, India 1997-2001
- Internship, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIMPER), 2001-2002
- Brain tumor surgery
- Skull Base Surgery
- Craniovertebral Junction Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- 2,500+ surgeries