BackgroundDr. Pooja Monteiro is a Consultant Gynecologist at Health City Cayman Islands. She joined us in February 2019 with more than seven years of experience. Dr. Monteiro completed her MBBS from the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik India. She received her Diploma in Family Planning awarded by the College of Physicians & Surgeons in Mumbai, India. She was awarded the MRCOG-I by the Indian College of Obstetricians & Gynecologist and the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists in the United Kingdom. Dr. Pooja also has a DNB (Obstetrics & Gynecology) awarded by the National Board of Examinations in New Delhi India.
Dr. Monteiro has vast experience in Laparoscopic Surgeries, Sling Surgeries as well as surgeries for Stress Urinary Incontinence and Vaginoplasties. She has also performed numerous Cesarean Deliveries, Abdominal and Vaginal Hysterectomies, Ovarian Cystectomies, Tubal Ligations, Hysteroscopies and Colposcopy.
Dr. Monteiro also pioneered cervical cancer screening using VIA/VILI at the Central Railway Hospital in India which has now become an integral modality for screening cervical cancer.
- A Purandhare Award for Best Paper Presentation MOGS 43rd Annual Conference 2015
- Distinction in Biochemistry in I MBBS
- Distinction in Pharmacology in II MBBS
- Paper Presentation “Placental Laterality of Ultra sonographic Imaging as a Predictor of Preeclampsia” MOGS Annual Conference 2015. Won the N.A. Purandhare best paper award.
- Paper Presentation “Vesicovaginal Fistula Repaired Surgically- A Lost Art!” MOGS Annual Conference 2013
- Paper Presentation: “Recurrent Ectopic Pregnancies” AICOG 2013
- Paper Presentation: “Prospective Study of Role of VIA/VILI as a Screening Test for Cervical Cancer at Central Railway Hospital.” AOGIN Conference 2010.
Education and Fellowships
- DNB (Obstetrics & Gynecology): Awarded by National Board of Examinations, Delhi, India, December 2012
- MRCOG-I Awarded by the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists, United Kingdom, March 2016
- MRCOG-1 Awarded by the Indian College of Obstetricians & Gynecologists, India, March 2016
- DFP (Diploma in Family Planning) Awarded by College of Physicians & Surgeons, Mumbai, India, October 2012
- MBBS Awarded by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences, Nashik, India, January 2008
Special Areas of Interest
- Gynecological Oncology & Preventative Oncology
- High Risk Obstetrics