Orthopedics and Joint Replacement Surgeon
Dr. Niranjan Nagaraja is a Senior Orthopedic Surgeon at Health City Cayman Islands. He oversees the joint replacement program, sports medicine clinic and performs arthroscopy and arthroplasty procedures to treat various joint diseases and orthopedic conditions.
Dr. Niranjan is an accomplished orthopedic surgeon and D.N.B teacher, with over 10 years of experience performing complex surgeries and procedures. Dr. Niranjan has performed more than 5,000 procedures specialising in arthroscopic sports medicine, arthroplasty surgeries and joint replacement of the hip and knee.
Dr Niranjan is deeply committed to training young orthopedic surgeons interested in arthroscopy and arthroplasty. He oversaw numerous 6 month fellowship programs at HOSMAT hospital from 2010 - 2015. Dr. Niranjan has also conducted a wide range of scientific research and published national and internationally level paper presentations within orthopedic subspecialities including vascularised fibular transfers, meniscal tears, and acute anterior cruciate repairs.
Currently treating 400-500 out patients and operating 35-40 orthopedic cases per month
Senior Consultant in Orthopedics, Arthroscopy and sports medicine, and Arthroplasty, HOSMAT Hospital, Bangalore.
Teacher for D.N.B orthopaedics postgraduate students, HOSMAT Hospital, Bangalore
- Secured First Rank at the State level in the D.Orth exam at University of Health Sciences (RGUHS)
- Fellowship in Joint Replacement 2012-2013 – HOSMAT Hospital, Bangalore
- F.A.S.M. (Fellowship - Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine) 2009 – BGS Global Hospital L.B Nagar, Hyderabad
- D.N.B ORTHO (Diploma of National Board) 2005 - 2007 – City Hospital Research & Diagnostic Centre, Mangalore
- D.ORTHO (Orthopedics) 2002-2005 – Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery) 1995-2001 – Karnatak Institute of Medical Sciences, (KIMS) Hubli, Karnatak University, Dharwad
- Joint replacements (knee/hip/shoulder)
- Sports medicine and arthroscopic surgeries
- Trauma and bone tumours cases
- 5,000+ surgeries