Medical Director, Senior Consultant in Cardiac Anaesthesiology and Intensive CareDr. Dhruva Kumar Krishnan is a senior consultant in cardiac anaesthesiology and intensive care at Health City Cayman Islands.
Dr. Dhruva Kumar, after graduating in medicine completed his post graduate training in Anaesthesiology. He completed his FCA (Fellowship in Cardiac Anaesthesia) at Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, India, in 2008. He then went on to complete an Advanced Fellowship in Cardiothoracic Transplant Anaesthesiology from Freeman Hospital, National Health Services Trust, Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK, in 2012.
He is passionate about teaching and was involved with the teaching activities of DNB trainees in anaesthesiology at Narayana Hospitals. He was the course director and regional training centre coordinator for the American Heart Association’s basic life support (BLS) and advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) courses. He taught and also served as University Examiner for Masters of Science postgraduate (MSc) students of clinical perfusion technology. He has given many presentations in his field and has authored a textbook: Narayana Hrudayalaya Critical Care Nursing Manual.
- Course director and regional training centre coordinator for the American Heart Association’s basic life support (BLS) and Advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) courses
- University Examiner for Masters of Science (MSc) postgraduate students of clinical perfusion technology
- Authored a textbook: Narayana Hrudayalaya Critical Care Nursing Manual
- Transesophageal Echocardiography Fellowship
- Advanced Fellowship in Cardiothoracic Transplant Anaesthesiology, Freeman Hospital, National Health services Trust, Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK in 2013
- FCA (Fellowship Cardiac Anaesthesia) - 2008
- DNB (Diplomate of National Board of Examinations) (Anaesthesiology) - 2006
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery) – 2001
- Cardiac anaesthesia - adult and paediatric
- Perioperative management of all types of complex congenital open and closed heart procedures
- Perioperative management of all types of cardiovascular and thoracic surgeries
- Thoracic anaesthesia - one lung ventilation and thoracic epidural
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Trained instructor for American Heart Association’s life support courses – BLS/ACLS
- Extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
- Perioperative management of joint replacements and arthroscopic surgeries
- Ultrasound guided peripheral nerve blocks