Medical Director, Senior Consultant in Cardiac Anesthesiology and Intensive Care
Dr. Dhruva Kumar Krishnan is a senior consultant in cardiac anesthesiology and intensive care at Health City Cayman Islands.
After receiving a Bachelor's Degree in Surgery, Dr. Dhruva Kumar completed his post graduate training in Anesthesiology. He completed his FCA (Fellowship in Cardiac Anesthesia) at Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, India, in 2008. He then went on to complete an Advanced Fellowship in Cardiothoracic Transplant Anesthesiology from Freeman Hospital, National Health Services Trust, Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK, in 2012.
He is passionate about teaching and was involved with the teaching activities of DNB trainees in anesthesiology at Narayana Hospitals. He was the course director and regional training centre coordinator for the American Heart Association’s basic life support (BLS) and advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) courses. He taught and also served as University Examiner for Masters of Science postgraduate (MSc) students of clinical perfusion technology. He has given many presentations in his field.
- Course director and regional training centre coordinator for the American Heart Association’s basic life support (BLS) and Advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) courses
- University Examiner for Masters of Science (MSc) postgraduate students of clinical perfusion technology
- Transesophageal Echocardiography Fellowship
- Advanced Fellowship in Cardiothoracic Transplant Anesthesiology, Freeman Hospital, National Health services Trust, Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK in 2013
- FCA (Fellowship Cardiac Anesthesia) - 2008
- DNB (Diplomate of National Board of Examinations) (Anesthesiology) - 2006
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery) – 2001
- Cardiac anesthesia - adult and paediatric
- Perioperative management of all types of complex congenital open and closed heart procedures
- Perioperative management of all types of cardiovascular and thoracic surgeries
- Thoracic anesthesia - one lung ventilation and thoracic epidural
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Trained instructor for American Heart Association’s life support courses – BLS/ACLS
- Extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
- Perioperative management of joint replacements and arthroscopic surgeries
- Ultrasound guided peripheral nerve blocks