Dr. Aritra Mukherji is an interventional Pediatric Cardiologist with 10 years’ experience. With excellent knowledge and sharp clinical skills he is adept in dealing with various forms of congenital and acquired heart diseases in children.
Dr. Aritra earned his MBBS degree from Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata. Subsequently, he completed his post graduate training in Pediatric Medicine from NRS Medical College, Kolkata. He then joined Medica Superspeciality Hospital and served there as an Associate Consultant in Department of Neonatology for nearly a year.
The plight of children with congenital heart disease was a constant motivation for Dr. Aritra to pursue a career in Pediatric cardiology. Accordingly he joined Frontier Lifeline Hospital, Chennai, where he completed his training in Pediatric Cardiology under some of the best teachers of this specialty in India. During this period, he received special training in Fetal Echocardiography as well as successful management of complex cardiac problems in neonates and young infants.
On returning to Kolkata, Dr Aritra was attached to Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Howrah for a period of 3 years. He then moved to Medica Superspeciality hospital where he was working as a consultant before moving to Health City Cayman Islands.
Being a committed academician, Dr Aritra Mukherji has publications in numerous eminent indexed national and international journals. He has presented papers in many national and international conferences and meetings.
- Consultant in pediatric cardiology, Medica Superspecialty Hospital, Kolkata.
- Consultant in pediatric cardiology, Narayana Superspecialty Hospital, Howrah.
- Associate consultant in pediatric cardiology, Narayana Superspecialty Hospital, Howrah.
- Associate consultant in pediatrics and neonatology, Medica superspecialty Hospital, Kolkata
- Sanjiban Ghosh, Aritra Mukherji, Nihar Pathak, Jayitri Mazumdar, Amitabha Chattopadhyay. Delayed onset atrioventricular block following transcatheter closure of peri-membranous VSD using Amplatzer duct Occluder-II device: Discussion with review of literature. Progress in Pediatric Cardiology; 2021
- Anil Singhi, Soumya Mahapatra, Aritra Mukherji, Arnab De, S S Mukherjea. Radiofrequency ablation for fascicular ventricular tachycardia causing tachycardiomyopathy and brief literature review. Annals of Pediatric Cardiology; November 2020
- Aritra Mukherji, Sanjiban Ghosh, Jayita Nandi Das, Amitabha Chattopadhyay. Percutaneous salvage interventions in the Glenn circuit: a case series. The Egyptian Heart Journal; November, 2020
- Aritra Mukherji, Sanjiban Ghosh, Debasis Das, Amitabha Chattopadhyay. Closure of Ventricular septal defects in anatomically corrected malposition of great arteries. Progress In Pediatric cardiology; September 2020
- Aritra Mukherji, Sanjiban Ghosh, Nihar Pathak, Jayita Nandi Das, Nilanjan Dutta, Debasis das, Amitabha Chattopadhyay. Utility of Late Pulmonary artery banding in single ventricle physiology: A mid-term follow-up. Annals of Pediatric Cardiology; September 2020
- Aritra Mukherji, Sanjiban Ghosh, Amitabha Chattopadhyay. Percutaneous closure of moderate to large peri-membranous ventricular septal defect in small children using left ventricular mid cavity approach. Indian Heart Journal; September 2020
- Aritra Mukherji, Soumya Kanti Mohapatra, Anil Singhi. Three-dimensional echocardiography for decision making in a complex ventricular septal defect. Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging, September 2020
- Aritra Mukherji, Amitabha Chattopadhyay, Sanjiban Ghosh, Soumya Mohapatra, Arnab De, Anil Singhi. Novel use of Konar-multifunctional occluder. Cardiology in the Young (2020), 1-6
- Aritra Mukherji, Sanjiban Ghosh, Amitabha Chattopadhyay: Percutaneous rescue therapy in a child with blocked cavo-pulmonary shunt. Cardiology in the Young; Nov 201
- Aritra Mukherji, Rajaram Anantharaman, Raghavan Subramanyan: Percutaneous closure of symptomatic large tricuspid paravalvular regurgitation using two muscular VSD occluders. Indian Heart Journal; 11/2016;
- Radheshyam Purkait, Aritra Mukherji, Tapankumar Sinhamahapatra, Ramchandra Bhadra: Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis in a Child Following Plasmodium vivax Malaria. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 07/2015; 25(7):538-40
- Radheshyam Purkait, Aritra Mukherji, Sucharita Datta, Ramchandra Bhadra: Renal artery stenosis: An unusual etiology of hypertensive encephalopathy in a child with Fanconi Anemia. Saudi journal of kidney diseases and transplantation. 07/2015; 26(4):778-782
- Radheshyam Purkait, Aritra Mukherji, Tuphan Kanti Dolai, Ramchandra Bhadra: Intraosseous Pseudotumour in a Child with Mild Hemophilia B: Report of a Rare Case and Brief Review of Literature. Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion 09/2014; 30 (Suppl 1):366-8
- Radheshyam Purkait, Aritra Mukherji: Congenital nephrotic syndrome with hypothyroidism: An unusual association. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 09/2013; 23(9):687-8
- Radheshyam Purkait, Aritra Mukherji, Suptotthitaa Naskar, Ramchandra Bhadra: Nasal hemophilic pseudotumor: Favorable response to radiotherapy. Indian pediatrics 03/2013; 50(3):334-5
- Abhishek Roy, Tryambak Samanta, Radheshyam Purkait, Aritra Mukherji, Sutapa Ganguly: Etiology, clinical spectrum and outcome of metabolic liver diseases in children. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 03/2013; 23(3):194-8
- Fellowship of national board (FNB) in pediatric cardiology 2014-2016
Institution: Frontier lifeline Hospital (Dr. K.M Cherian Heart Foundation)
- Residency in pediatrics- (MD Pediatrics medicine) 2010-2013
Institution: Nil Ratan sircar medical college & hospital, Kolkata, India
University: West Bengal University of health sciences.
- Undergraduate Education: (MBBS) 2002-2007
Institution: Calcutta National Medical College & Hospital, Kolkata India.
University: Calcutta University
- Neonatal cardiology
- Fetal echocardiography
- Structural cardiac interventions in adults
- Device implantations- 1500+
- Valvuloplasties- 300+
- Neonatal cardiac intervention- 100+
- Fetal Echocardiogram- 1000+
- Trans-esophageal Echocardiogram- 200+