For many women, mammograms are the best way to detect breast cancer that is too small to see or feel during self-examination, or before symptoms appear. The earlier breast cancer is found, the better the chance of a positive outcome.
To coincide with Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Health City is offering breast cancer screening mammograms at a reduced cost of US$150 during October 2022. This cost does not cover any additional screenings and follow-ups that may be required.
- Mammogram scans will only be done in at our hospital in East End.
- Consultation with one of our specialists can take place at our hospital in East End, our Camana Bay clinic, or patients can opt for a virtual consultation. Please note that if the report is normal, the patient will be provided the information via the nurse.
- Women ages 40 to 44 should have the choice to start annual breast cancer screening with mammograms (x-rays of the breast) if they wish to do so.
- Women age 45 to 54 should get mammograms every year.
- Women 55 and older should switch to mammograms every 2 years, or can continue yearly screening.
- Screening should continue as long as a woman is in good health and is expected to live 10 more years or longer.
- All women should be familiar with the known benefits, limitations, and potential harms linked to breast cancer screening.
Book your mammogram today by calling 525-8871 or emailing [email protected]
Please note: Appointments must be completed in the month of October 2022 for the promotional rate to be applied.