The Emergency & Referrals Coordinator serves the hospital by processing patient admissions, discharges and follow up appointment scheduling. The Emergency & Referrals is responsible for answering the hospital emergency cellular phone and calls and managing patient transfers appropriately. Handling referral inquiries, scheduling and keeping the in-patient and out-patient census and appointment logs. The Emergency & Referrals Coordinator is a Front of House team member under the supervision of the Front of House Operations Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for coordinating all local and international transfers to hospital facility
- Responsible for coordinating overseas Air Ambulance transfers to and fro to hospital facility
- Manage walk in emergency cases including admission and discharge process
- Manage Medical Oncology scheduling, admission and discharge
- Record, respond and process incoming patient referrals
- Manage elective surgery and procedure cases including admission and discharge process
QUALIFICATION, LICENSURE, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL SKILLS:
- High school diploma and college courses is an added advantage.
- Minimum 4 or more years’ of work experience Healthcare field
- Good English spoken & written, Spanish language advantageous/desirable, but not essential.
- Willingness to work shifts and on an “on call” basis.
Salary US$ 2,500 – US$ 3,500
Suitably qualified Caymanians, Cayman Status Holders, Residents with Employment Rights only can apply. Please send your resume to [email protected], P.O Box-10590, KY1-1005, Cayman Islands.