An Education Specialist is a member of the STEM Education Team, who reports to the Senior Education Coordinator. Education Specialists are primarily responsible for administrative support to the STEM Education Team in executing the mission and annual strategic plan of Healthcare Explorers, the award-winning STEM education program of Health City Cayman Islands. This role is an excellent opportunity for young Caymanians, including recent UCCI graduates, to apply their experience &/or classroom theory in the unique context of Healthcare Explorers by Health City, which is striving to develop the next generation of medical and allied health professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively communicating, in collaboration with the STEM Education Team, with stakeholder contacts at Cayman Islands schools about our education products and playing instrumental role in conversion process:
- Engaging with schools about booking virtual field trips and booking the same in collaboration with the respective consultant and intimating the time, date and Zoom meeting details to teacher(s) and panelists.
- Actively communicating with schools about and processing requests for on-demand videos and webinars and hosting or co-hosting webinars.
- Providing administrative support to Education Coordinators with:
- Coordinating Shadow a Doctor, Work Experience and intern placements for students, in collaboration with the respective consultant, as well as ensuring the correct completion and submission of all correct forms and documentation and supervising students whilst on campus.
- Supporting Education Coordinators at all external events such as careers fairs and mock interviews and providing a fun, engaging and added-value experience to students who visit our booth, including after-hours events, or events on Cayman Brac, when needed.
- Providing administrative support with maintaining departmental metrics including submitting supporting documentation for any updates to the Senior Education Coordinator for validation.
- Responding to routine queries from group email addresses in a timely and professional manner.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associates degrees in Business or Education OR 2-3 years’ experience in administration.
- Experience in the education field, including knowledge of current trends in STEM education would be advantageous.
- Experience leading and motivating students with demonstrated ability to respect diversity amongst students including but not limited to neuro-diversity, social and economic diversity, culture, sexual orientation and gender identity and religious beliefs is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence: able to work well with people from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively to administer multiple complex projects and meet deadlines on time; able to re-prioritize as projects evolve.
- Integrity, honesty, judgment; respect and discretion in communications with constituents and stakeholders at all levels.
- Creative and enthusiastic self-starter with excellent follow-through on projects and assignments.
- Flexible and adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong administrative and program development skills.
- Computer proficiency in a variety of software applications including Microsoft Office.
US$3,500 – $4,000 (will vary based on qualifications and experience)
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by Monday 28 November 2022.