The dietitian is responsible for the provision of dietetic and nutritional services to Health City Cayman Islands in-patients and outpatients in order to optimize nutritional intake, promote overall health and well-being and decrease risk of comorbidities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct nutrition assessments on patients within 3 days of admission when a positive nutrition trigger is indicated on the initial nursing intake assessment; Implement nutrition plan for patients following an assessment; Evaluate the nutrition care plan within 48 hours.
- Assess ICU patients within 24 hours, unless otherwise indicated; to participate in Grand Rounds as required.
- Provide nutrition counseling to patients in the Out Patient Department; this includes nutrition assessment, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Develop patient education materials; develop departmental forms; develop and revise departmental policies and procedures.
- Provide presentations to community groups, as per Marketing Department requests.
- Order relevant nutrition supplies (such as food models) and work with the pharmacy to ensure appropriate nutrition supplements are stocked.
- Actively participate in CME programs in and out of the hospital to upgrade knowledge.
- Conduct and participate in research as required.
- Supervise student interns; provide opportunities for learning through activities and presentations.
- Participate in the development of new hospital programs as required.
- Consult with the kitchen to ensure patient meals are nutritionally adequate; provide support and education to dietary services (kitchen) staff.
- Liaise with Department of Environmental Health for kitchen inspections; conduct HCCI Infection Control inspections quarterly; prepare and update SOP manual for kitchen; participate in infection control meetings as requested.
- Develop, collate and evaluate patient feedback surveys on kitchen services; collate and evaluate meal time delivery record keeping; address patient feedback and meal time delivery issues in a timely manner.
QUALIFICATION, LICENSURE, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL SKILLS:
- Undergraduate degree in nutrition with accredited internship and/or accredited Master’s Degree in Nutrition or Health Sciences with 5 years’ experience working as a dietitian; previous work experience in a hospital setting and/or primary care facility preferred.
- Registered Dietitian in good standing with the Cayman Islands Health Practice Commission.
- Comprehensive knowledge of dietetic services, practice methods, professional skills, nutritional principles and dietary strategies
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; strong oral and verbal communication skills; proficiency in English
- Current Continuing Education credits
- Working knowledge of computer software and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Office, Publisher)
Salary US$ 2,500 – US$ 4,500 Per Month
Please submit a Cover letter and Resume to [email protected]