Adult and Paediatric Cardiac Surgery
When it comes to matters of the heart, you should seek out the best physicians, cardiovascular surgeon, and cardiac surgeon in the world who have the expertise to deliver the highest quality cardiovascular surgery and cardiac surgery. The world-class cardiovascular surgeons at Health City Cayman Islands have treated tens of thousands of international patients, ranging from infants to older adults. They perform some of the world’s most advanced cardiac surgeries in technologically advanced operating suites. These include lifesaving emergency and scheduled cardiac procedures including cardiothoracic surgery, paediatric cardiac surgery, congenital heart surgery, heart valve surgery, and the complex repair of abdominal and thoracic aortic aneurysms.
Our Intensive Care Unit (ICU) is designed specifically for the care of our postoperative cardiac and thoracic surgery patients. Our state-of-the-art facility provides around the clock individualised care, supervised by specially trained ICU doctors and nurses. For adults suffering from coronary artery disease to children suffering from a wide range of heart defects and conditions, we offer a complete scope of cardiovascular surgery services.
Health City Cayman Islands Heart Surgery Milestones
Health City Cayman Islands’ Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery is led by cardiovascular surgeons and specialists with international reputations for excellence. We are proud to be the “Best in Class” in the Caribbean, delivering cardiovascular surgery to very ill children and adults.
A few of our milestones:
- Our founder, Dr. Shetty, has performed more than 4,000 paediatric cardiac surgeries.
- We performed the 1st coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) in the Cayman Islands.
- To date, we've performed lifesaving heart surgeries on 24 Haitian children at no cost.
- We implanted a lifesaving left ventricular assist device (LVAD) in a 49-year-old Caribbean man with heart failure, the first such procedure performed in the Caribbean.
- We performed a second successful LVAD surgery, giving a new lease on life to a 55-year-old Caribbean man who was battling a chronic heart condition.
- We performed lifesaving emergency angiography and placed stents in an 80-year-old U.S. tourist who suffered a heart attack on a cruise ship just before it arrived at the George Town cruise port in Grand Cayman.
Personalized Cardiac Surgery Expertise
The cardiovascular surgeons at Health City Cayman Islands consistently rank among the best in the world. Our medical technology, world-class medical facilities, and stellar track record in positive patient outcomes make us the leading destination for expert cardiac care. From the very first time that you contact Health City Cayman Islands, a member of our Patient Care Relations Team will be at your side, virtually and in person. Each member of our team is committed to easing anxiety, addressing worries, and ensuring that every patient has a successful healthcare journey.
Your personal health concierge will assist you in the following ways:
- Coordinate medical intake sessions via Skype and/or teleconference calls
- Schedule an intake session with your primary care physician and / or other care providers, as needed
- Arrange all medical appointments, admissions, and discharge details
- Ensure seamless communications between you, your family, and our medical staff
- Serve as a single-point-of-contact for administrative matters
- Manage billing and payment
- Answer non-medical procedural questions