World-Class Anaesthetic Services
The Department of Anaesthesiology at Health City provides a range of anaesthetic, perioperative, resuscitative and pain management services to local, regional, and international patients of all ages. We are committed to upholding the highest standards of care for our patients and strive to continually improve the services that we offer, including 24-hour on-call emergency coverage.
Anaesthesiology is a vital component to providing safe out-of-hours care throughout the hospital responding to emergencies not only in theatre but also in the triage and in the wards. All of our anaesthesiologists, intensivists, critical care nurses, physical therapists and anaesthesia technologists are certified ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support ) providers. Their collective role shadows the patient journey from pre-assessment, in planning and preparing for surgery, through to the safe delivery of anaesthesia for the procedure and postoperatively in the critical care unit, (Post Anaesthesia Care Unit) recovery room, or in the ward during the post-operative visit to ensure full recovery and adequate pain relief.
- Anaesthetic care in the operating theatres for all types of surgical, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Sedation and anaesthesia in angiography, endoscopy and radiology suites as required.
Providing pre-operative and post-operative pain management procedures including:
- Epidural Analgesia
- Patient Controlled Analgesia
- Ultrasound Guided Regional Nerve Blocks
- Continuous Peripheral Nerve Block Techniques