In 2014, more than 52,000 Canadians received non-emergency medical treatment outside Canada which was an increase from the estimated 41,838 who travelled abroad in 2013 (Fraser Institute - March 2015). As the Canadian population ages, rates of musculoskeletal disease are increasing, in turn increasing demand for spinal surgeries. Unfortunately this could mean even longer wait times for Canadian patients requiring spinal surgeries.
Reasons why Canadians are choosing Health City Cayman Islands for Spinal Surgery
- Short waiting periods and quick access to care
- Highly skilled and experienced medical team
- Excellent quality of care
- International accreditation by the Joint Commission
- Affordable out-of-country costs
- Direct flights from Canada
- Cayman Islands is a beautiful British Commonwealth Country voted the #1 Caribbean vacation destination by Trip Advisor in 2012, and the world’s friendliest place by Forbes
Health City Spinal Surgery
Health City Cayman Islands has a world-class infrastructure for management of complex conditions of the spine like disc disease, spondylolisthesis and spinal fractures. Our surgical suites are equipped with the latest medical technology and state-of-the-art equipment for minimally invasive spinal procedures, which results in faster recovery and quicker return to normal life.
Neurosurgical care encompasses both nonsurgical treatment such as prevention and rehabilitation; and surgical management including endovascular surgery, functional and restorative surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and the use of spinal fusion instrumentation.
Health City Neurosurgeons
Dr. Susheel Wadhwa is a consultant in the Department of Neurosurgery at Health City Cayman Islands. Competent neurosurgical skills, compassionate health care and patient education form Dr. Susheel's core practice values. With a keen interest in research and planning of innovative health care delivery systems, he aims to make quality Neurosurgical care accessible to all. Dr. Susheel has performed more than 500 brain and spine surgeries independently and has assisted in an additional 1500 complex brain and spine surgeries since 2007. He completed his post graduate super specialty training in Neurosurgery at Naryana Hrudayalaya Institute of Neurosciences and has worked in many of the best hospitals in India, including Narayana Multispeciality Hospital at Whitefield, Bangalore. In addition to being a practicing Neurosurgeon, he has played a key role in the organization of various national and international academic conferences.
- S.S.L.C (1997): Poorna Prajna Education Center, Sadashivanagar, Bangalore
- P.U.C (1999): Seshadripuram P.U. College, Bangalore
- M.B.B.S (2005): Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore (KMC reg no: 71523)
- D.N.B Neurosurgery (2011): Narayana Hrudayalaya Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore