Consultant, Anaesthesiologist and Intensivist
After graduating from medical school, Dr. Sanjay completed extensive post graduate training in Anaesthesiology.
He is passionate about anaesthetic care to the entire spectrum of cardiac and general surgeries, including high risk cases. He is proficient with invasive anaesthetic techniques and monitoring and is extremely well conversant with various ventilation modes and weaning strategies. He has been involved in management of critically ill patients in multi-disciplinary Intensive Therapy Units.
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) in Anaesthesiology from Pramukh Swami Medical College, Gujarat, India affiliated to Sardar Patel University
- Post-doctoral training and course in Cardiac Anaesthesiology
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) from J.J.M. Medical College, Davangere, Karnataka, India affiliated to University of Mysore
Dr. Sanjay was Consultant and Head of Department of Cardiac Anaesthesiology at B.M. Birla Heart Research Centre, in Kolkata, India. He has been working as Consultant Anaesthesiologists in Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences, Kolkata, India and in Apollo Hospitals, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Cardiac anaesthesia - adult and paediatric
- Peri-operative management of all types of complex congenital open and closed heart procedures and management of all types of vascular and thoracic surgeries
- Extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
- Peri-operative management of joint replacements and arthroscopic surgeries
- Ultrasound guided peripheral nerve blocks