Interventional Cardiologist & Electrophysiologist
Dr. Ravi Kishore Amancharla is our Chief Interventional Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist at Health City Cayman Islands. Dr Ravi is also responsible for the multitude of heart related clinics, such as the Heart Failure and Atrial Fibrillation Clinics available at Health City.
Dr Ravi comes to Health City Cayman Islands with over 15 years of experience in cardiology and serves as the Chief Interventional Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist. He completed his studies in 1995 and has worked in various hospitals across southern India. He established the first dedicated electrophysiology unit in Hyderabad-Medicity Hospital in 1995 and was among the first in the country to introduce RF Ablation for heart arrhythmias and ICD therapy. Since 1997, he has teamed up with Dr. Devi Shetty and has been instrumental in establishing state of the art electrophysiology services across Narayana’sgroup of hospitals. His wealth of knowledge comes from his rich experience in simple and complex ablations and device implants. He also manages NH’s specialty clinics (Heart Failure, Device and Arrhythmia, and Resistant Hypertension).
In addition to Dr Ravi’s strong academic background, he has authored several articles and abstracts published and presented on national and international levels. Dr Ravi brings this level of expertise to Health City Cayman Islands to assist with leading the cardiology department, developing heart related clinics and being the lead with the CAFE study on the Cayman Islands whilst looking at the prevalence of AF within the region.
- Developed the CAFE Study for the Cayman Islands and the Caribbean Region
- Manages Narayana Health Group’s specialty clinics (heart Failure, Device ad Arrhythmia, and Resistant Hypertension)
- Senior Consultant Cardiologist and Chief Electrophysiologist, Narayana Health Bangalore 2001 - 2013
- Performed the First RF Ablation in ICD implant in Karnataka in 1997
- Performed the First RF Ablation in S. India in 1995
- Commonwealth Scholarship or Fellowship in Cardiac Electrophysiology at St George’s Hospital Medical School, London, in 1995
- Doctor of Medicine (DM) in Cardiology at GB Pant Hospital, New Delhi, India, in 1991
- MD in Internal Medicine at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), India, in 1987
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery) at Bangalore Medical College, India, in 1983
- Ablation of SVT and VT
- Evaluation of Syncope
- Epidemiology of AF in India
- 7,000 EPS & RF Ablation
- 10,000+ Interventional Procedures including Coronary PTCA and EPS (RF ablation/device implants)