Senior Consultant, Neurosurgeon and Spinal Surgeon
Dr. Komal Prasad is a Senior Consultant, Neurosurgeon and Spinal Surgeon at Health City Cayman Islands. He performs neurovascular surgery and endoscopic procedures of various brain and spinal injuries.
Dr. Komal is an Executive Committee Member of the Young Neurosurgeons’ Forum of the prestigious World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies (WFNS). He is also Secretary of the Neuro-Spinal Surgeons’ Association in India. He has been invited Guest faculty for Neurosurgical continuing education programs and cadaveric workshops. He has successfully organized conferences on Neurosciences and Spinal surgery like Annual Conferences of Neuro-Spinal Surgeons Association of India (NSSA) and Karnataka Neurosciences Academy.
In addition to his clinical education and practice, Dr. Komal holds with distinction, a postgraduate diploma in Hospital and healthcare management (PGDHHM) and a postgraduate diploma in Medical Law and Ethics (PGDMLE) from the National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore.
Instrumental in creation of the Center of Excellence for Nanoparticles Research in Cancer Therapeutics at Mazumdar Shaw Cancer Center, Narayana Hrudayalaya Multispecialty Hospital, Bangalore, India
Executive Committee Member, Young Neurosurgeons’ Forum, World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies (WFNS).
Secretary, Core Committee, Neuro-Spinal Surgeons’ Association, India.
- M.Ch (Neurosurgery) 2003-2005 - Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST) Kerala, India
- MS (General Surgery) 1998-2001 - Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences Hubli- Karnataka
- DNB (Diplomate of National Board in General Surgery) 2002 - National Board of Examinations, New Dehli
- Senior Resident (General Surgery) Mar. 2002-Nov. 2002 - Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry, India
MBBS, Mysore Medical College (1992-1997) - Mysore, Karnataka, India
- Neuro-Vascular Surgery
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Skull-base and Endoscopic Neurosurgery
Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery
- 5,000+ surgeries