Chief Cardiac Surgeon; Senior Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgeon
Dr. Binoy Chattuparambil is a senior cardiothoracic and vascular surgeon with over 20 years of experience. As Chief Cardiac Surgeon of Health City Cayman Islands, Dr. Binoy performs surgeries on both adults and children including heart revascularization, treatment of congenital abnormalities and other diseases of the vascular systems.
Dr. Binoy earned his MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery) at Government Medical College, Thrissur- Kerala, India, in 1992. He completed his Master of Surgery (MS) in General Surgery at Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and research (JIPMER), Pondicherry, India, in 1997. He has also completed his MCh in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery at King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India, in 2001.
Dr. Binoy joined Narayana Health (NH) in 2001 after completing his advanced training in cardiothoracic and vascular surgery. He worked as a senior registrar at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia, between 2004 and 2007, and then rejoined NH in 2007 as a consultant. He is currently in charge of the Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy and Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) programs at NH and also served as the past president of the ECMO Society of India.
- Received advanced training in cardiothoracic and vascular surgery at King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai India
- Worked as Senior Registrar at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney Australia 2004-7
- MCh (Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery) 2001 - King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India
- Master in Surgery (General Surgery) 1997 - Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry, India
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery) 1992 - Government Medical College, Thrissur, Kerala, India
- Total arterial revascularization using bilateral internal mammary arteries
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery, pulmonary thromboendarterectomy
- Hybrid procedure and surgeries for complex aortic aneurysms and dissections
- Extra-corporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- Ross procedure and homograft valve replacements