Bariatric Surgery Clinics
At our clinic, our team of doctors and other specialists will help you determine if weight loss surgery is an appropriate option for you.
Bariatric Clinics run every Tuesday at 9am at our East End hospital. Clinics include consultations with:
- Registered dietitian
- Internal medicine specialist
- Psychiatrist (if applicable)
- Gastro-intestinal/bariatric surgeon (if applicable)
Cost: $160. Clinics are a pre-requisite for bariatric surgery
Weight Loss Surgery Options
Weight loss surgery can help you lose weight and manage medical conditions related to obesity. These conditions can include diabetes, obstructive sleep apnea, and risk factors for heart disease and stroke.
Our bariatric surgery options include:
- gastric sleeve (sleeve gastrectomy)
- gastric bypass (Roux-en-Y gastric bypass)
- gastric balloon (endoscopic intragastric balloon)
You can learn more about them here.
NEW procedure: OverStitch - gastric suture
This state-of-the-art procedure involves an incisionless, transoral, endoscopic approach and is performed with an endoscopic suturing device.
Gastric Suturing has multiple benefits:
- It can be offered as a day case procedure with very minimal downtime
- It is offered to patients with a lower BMI of between 30-40. Candidates with BMIs of over 40 are more suitable for a gastric sleeve or bypass
- Patients can follow a relatively normal dietary regime within 1 month
- Patients are still eligible even if they have multiple co-morbidities
- The age limit is 65 years
To learn more about our weight loss surgery options, call us on +1 345 640-4040 or email [email protected]